Monday, April 20, 2015

Miracles do happen!

castle in metz
Hello everyone sorry I have been so lazy with my blog I have had like no time to rest. But I will fill you in on what's been happening. So next week will be transfers and we will see if I stay or what happens. Also on Monday we will be getting I-pads which is pretty awesome. I am pretty sure we will be able to use facebook which will be cool. Last night we set 2 baptism dates with the 2 kids of Luis. The guy we baptized about a month ago, so super grateful for that. Okay story time- So this week I spent 2 days in Luxembourg for an exchange. I was with a blue or a missionary who has been here in France for about 4 weeks. Anyways I was excited because that means I would be doing most of the talking which if you have ever met me I am a talker haha but we go into a lesson with a man named Palo. Palo has been meeting with missionaries since 2004 so that's 11 years give or take. So we go into this man's home and he is holding a baby and his other child is sitting on the couch playing a video game. I begin to ask Palo how he found the church, why he still meets with missionaries and just about his faith. This continues for about 20 mins then I brought up baptism. This of course is not new to Palo who has been meeting with mormons for 11 years haha. He says " I know the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is true but I don't fill that I am ready and I am waiting for the lord to confirm it to me". Then at this moment I get a very strange feeling from the spirit that it's time for this man to get his anwser. So I ask Palo if it would be alright if we got on our knees and asked Heavenly Father right now if he was ready and if this was what the Lord wanted for him. He said yes so we got on our knees and then he asked if I would say it. I of course said yes but right before I was gonna start I felt that I should not say it. I felt that Palo needed to say it. So I asked him if he would say it. He was a little surprised but agreed. He began to pray and about half way through a miracle happened. All of a sudden Palo's son turned off the video game and the room went quite. The son then listened to his father pour out his heart asking God if he was ready and if this was true. All at once the whole room was filled with the spirit and I have never felt it so strongly before. When he said amen I looked him in the eyes and asked if he felt that. He said yes I feel the spirit. I said I do too and the Lord is with us. Then I said Palo "will you be baptized?".. with tears in his eyes he said yes "Elder yes.I know that I am ready and that the Lord is with us." I have never been more grateful in my life then I was that day Praying on the floor of a man's apartment in Luxembourg. Palo will be getting baptized the 17th of May and I could not be happier for him. I love my mission so much and I love all of you! The Lord is great, the church is true. -Elder Karl 
cool stuff in Luxembourg


No comments:

Post a Comment