Monday, April 14, 2014

Elder Karl's last week in Belgium!

Big news everyone!!! I am leaving Belgium and heading to France. I am going to a ville called Brest. It is on the very coast of France, that's right I will be at the beach for summer ;). But I am really excited to finally be going to france and to the coast for summer should be super fun.I leave early Wednesday morning and my companion is someone named Elder Ricks. It's an 8 hour train ride lol! I will find out my new address and everything next week so stay posted. This week we had a pretty slow week. To start we were on our way to the church to teach a lesson and out of nowhere it starts to pour down rain. We began to run but then realized we were totally soaked and just walked in it. To make things worse the person we were gonna teach at the church never came. He must have been smart to know not to go out in the rain ;) But Elder Miller and I had a good laugh about it. The next night we had dinner at the Ablecita's and they knew I might be leaving and they bought me some socks and made me a going away CD with pictures from the birthday party. It was so nice of them and really touched me. I love the members here. It's gonna be hard to leave but I am so ready for a new area. 
Some crazy things that have happened this week is that I saw 3 girls pee right in front of me! And they were all at different times. It was so gross and they just smiled at me and took their pants off and peed! I was like what the freak!!! Then to make it worse women just breast feed out in the open here and just take everything out and show it to everyone so we have to be really careful where we look lol. 
But on a brighter note we found the coolest family ever this week. They are african and super awesome! We are helping him remodel his house. Thank you dad and the amish for teaching me how to build so many things! We also ate at the Orsinis house this week! The dad is from belgium and his wife is from Ireland! they have 3 kids and they all speak with an english accent. It is so legit and the food and ice cream was amazing. Tonight I am going to the Davis for dinner to say goodbye! I love them so much and know they will be my friends forever! Love you all and thank you for all the support! Love -Elder Karl  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe girls would pee in public. Sounds like you will have a good time at the beach. Have a safe trip. I'll be praying for you. Love. Ruby

    ReplyDelete