Monday, June 30, 2014

A walk in the dark...

Hello everyone! Let me start out by saying I have the best parents in the world! So grateful for my family and for everything they do for me! Okay so this week I went on an exchange with the DL and we went porting 3 cities over. Which is like 30 miles or so! The night goes great, the people are nice, we are teaching lots! However little did we know that the bus that took us out there was not coming back until the morning! And we were about 30 miles away from the apartment. So we did what any seasoned missionary does... we started walking lol about 2 hours into our walk along the highway I decided to say a prayer!  I prayed that God some how would bless us so we don't have to keep walking lol And as soon as I said amen a car pulls up and says"Hello Elders" This shocked me for 2 reasons! First that someone at 11:30 at night would stop for us. Second was that he was speaking english! I walk up to the car and meet a man named Chichi he knows all about mormons and he said I saw you walking and thought oh why not I will offer them a ride.
Chichi
My companion was worried to ride with this stranger but I was too tired to care so I forced him in and Chichi drove us all the way to our apartment. Theres just another reason I know that God answers prayers! So awesome and he was super funny. On sunday I had one of the best days of my life!!! First we have 5 families come to church and we did not have enough chairs for all of our amis and the branch was shocked! I have never felt the spirit so strong during sacrament like that before! And right after church we had the baptism of David!
 
Davids baptism 
Yay!!! It happened! It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect! The whole branch came to the ocean with us and then right after I gave a talk on the gift of the holy ghost and will be confirming him next sunday! So amazing to see someone you love change and its just amazing! I love my mission so much and am so grateful for everything god has given me! Life is great<3

No comments:

Post a Comment